"The harder I try to be someone else, the harder the journey is."
Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. I have so much love in my heart for this human. Jenny Lynn Newell is a LA based yoga instructor and the Tribe Cultivator at Your Rock Bliss. I am so excited to have her on the show today because she is someone who radiates so much love and light.
In today's conversation, we talk about becoming self-aware, doing the inner development work, and becoming your real self. The world of self-development can feel overwhelming at times and like there are a thousand books to read. Jenny is all about honoring where you are at now.
She also shares that self-awareness is a double-edged sword when we become hyper aware of our mistakes and areas of growth. So, having grace and showing up in the present moment is the gentlest way to have compassion for yourself.
Jenny deep dives into her values, how she leans on them each day, and how you can journey into the values work too.
This episode is so grounding and nourishing. I feel like Jenny's words always hit home when she shares her truth. If you are looking for a soft space to land, this is it. Jenny is your girl.
Jenny Lynn Newell is an private yoga instructor living in Los Angeles, teaching students locally and worldwide from the comfort of their own home. She is also the Tribe Cultivator, connecting and building a thriving community, over at Rock Your Bliss with Jacki Carr & Mary Beth LaRue.
Jenny works one-on-one with students, in their own homes, designing movement-based practices that restore, refine and honor the ebbs and flows of our life hustle. Jenny is passionate about creating a yoga practice that meets you where you are NOW. She is expanding her offerings this year to include restorative based-movement in small group settings and co-led workshops with mindfulness teachers in Los Angeles. You can find Jenny, her practice-based writing and offerings at jennylynnnewell.com.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to be in the practice of embodying your values and what that looks like in everyday life. (+ What Jenny's guiding values are).
- How Jenny landed on her life's purpose in a San Francisco coffee shop.
- Why you shouldn't create "striving" values that take you out from that place of soulfulness inside of yourself.
- How Jenny explores self-inquiry and education. (+ Ways she cultivated this practice of being self-aware).
- That being self-aware can also be a double-edged sword because you can also be hyper critical of yourself when you are out of alignment.
- To ask the hard questions anyways, even if you don't have the answer. (+ How the beautiful practice of curiosity comes up when we don't have immediate solutions).
- How Jenny practices self-care through solitude.
- "That your yoga practice is something that you are, not something that you do. It's something that eventually permeates every single part of your life."
- How to hold space for others.
- When you should step up and lead as the teacher or to be the student and sit at the feet of your teacher.
Rock Your Bliss: 7-Weeks to Bliss (use the code "jennybliss" for 10% off)
Music for The Kelly Trach Show is by Ikson: soundcloud.com/ikson