Surrendering is the ultimate form of power.
I've always had a tumultuous and complicated relationship with the word surrender. I always thought it meant throwing in the towel, calling it quits, and giving up. I assumed that surrendering was for the weak.
If I've learned anything this year, it's that surrendering is the other half of the equation. It's knowing that you are going to have to let go, loosen the grip, and relinquish control.
My biggest a-ha moment of 2017 that finally clicked (in the last six months) is that applying more effort isn't the right answer - it's actually easing up, leaning back, and looking for the more elegant, simple solution.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- What surrendering actually looks like. (+ My seesaw metaphor to visualize this concept).
- How to release and energetically let go to what you are metaphorically holding on to.
- How to let the universe fill in the other half of the equation and understand when it's NOT your turn to work.
- Why getting clear about what's not working is one of the most powerful forms of surrender.
- That applying more effort doesn't always work. (+ How to take the easier, simpler, more elegant approach instead).