Life coaching demystified & explained.
Usually, when I tell people that I am a coach, people say: "oh, like a basketball coach?" Life coaching only became popular in the last decade and most people think it's like therapy, counseling or giving advice.
Today, I'm clearing up all those misconceptions and sharing what I do personally as a life coach. I explain in depth what life coaches do, how I even became one, what a session is like, and what to look for if you are hiring one.
For me and the clients I work with, I would describe it as high-level coaching and training. Using the sports metaphor, I work with olympic athletes and I help high-performance clients move from good to great versus people just starting out and learning their sport. My work, in particular, has an emphasis on helping you find the answers inside of yourself, clearing your mental blocks and make the leap sooner.
In this episode, I also talk about trust, faith, and knowing that you can only connect the dots looking backwards as Steve Jobs famously said. I would have never guessed that I would end up here in a position where I would do my soul's work for a living. I share that looking back, I can see how it's all come to fruition and it all makes sense now.
So, tune in and listen! And remember that everything that you do along your journey contributes to where you are going.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How life coaching is different than therapy or counseling.
- Why it's important to pay for a life coach to be energetically investing in your own growth. (+ My example of flunking out of first year calculus when I was going to school on full scholarship and this concept of energetic investment).
- How to find a life coach, what to look for, and the importance of hiring a coach that's actually walking the walk.
- How I became a life coach really serendipitously and why I didn't go to life coaching school.
- How I started getting clients. (I share about the turning point when I started charging for my time and where I am at now, cherry picking my clients).
- That you can only connect the dots looking backwards and that I would have never guessed in a million years that this would be my life.
- That everything that you do along your journey contributes to where you are going.
Music for The Kelly Trach Show is by Ikson: soundcloud.com/ikson
Support for this episode comes from:
Teachable. Teachable is my absolute favorite online course creation platform and it is where I host Your Best Life, my best-selling digital course. Sign up here to get 3 free courses on how to make your first online class (a $1000 value that you get for free 'cause you're rollin' with me).