This means not doing a shoulder check on someone else's life.
When you're on your path, you are driving in your own designated lane. This is not the time to do shoulder checks on other people's lives or wonder about who's driving that fancy car beside you. By focusing solely on your own needs and honoring that you do things differently than others, this is the best way to keep your two hands on the steering wheel and focus on where you're headed, no matter how tempting the Instagram creep might seem.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to stay in your own lane and focuses on your own achievement.
- How social media creeping can be a slippery slope from well-meaning curiosity to the "WTF am I doing with my life" downward spiral.
- How it's a fine line between inspiration and jealousy.
- That your path is going to be different than the masters like Liz Gilbert's or Eckhart Tolle's. You need to honor what feels right for you. Eat, pray, loving it around the world might not be what's best for you, even though it works really well for her.
- The reminder to not keep tabs on others becuase you're path is going to be totally different than theirs anyways.