Wanna make the big leap? Train your mind to see risk differently.
"Risk and reward. Risk and mitigation. Risk is risky. Don't risk it."
You probably already have a formed opinion on what risk represents for you. If you want to see it differently and pick a more empowering perspective, I'm teaching you how in this episode.
Now, I am a person who is risk-seeking and I love to dive headfirst into what's possible with my life. I love risk. I rock the risk. I also have trained my mind to view risk in a whole new lens and I've practiced taking big leaps so many times that risk is actually my comfort zone to me. (I know, I know, kinda crazy. But that's what's possible for you too when you do this thought seriously).
This high-level mental mindset work is exactly the sort of stuff I teach my clients in my coaching practice and today, I'm sharing the successful strategies and tactics that I've deployed over the last few years to get to this level.
So, if you're eyes are on the prize and you're ready to up-level your life and dive into the big, bold, wildly exciting unknown, then this episode is totally for you.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- That everything has a risk associated with it. So, don't pick the wrong set of risks and assume that certain options are risk-free.
- How to pick a more empowering view and lens of risk.
- How to train your mind to personify risk as a rainbow unicorn full of magical, new, exciting things versus the standard version of assuming that risk is a hairy-toed troll.
- About the unknown unknowns. (+ How magic and possibility hangs out in that zone).
- How to become amazing at taking risks, develop a practice of "getting comfortable getting uncomfortable," and making the big leap.
- How to build your risk muscles by doing the work in your everyday life - this is all about speaking up at work or telling the dude in front of you in the Starbucks line-up that he's a divine prince. This doesn't mean quitting your life tomorrow to live in the jungle and survive off the land.
- The difference between your "freedom fear" and your "scary fear." These are two words I made up that I teach my coaching clients and define in my self-study course, Your Best Life.
- How I've done this mindset work in real life over, and over, and over again until risk has been easy for me and my new set point.
- Your Best Life. My online, self-study, best-selling course on how to build a life you love by starting with the inner work first and mastering your mindset
- Coaching. Hire me as your coach and let's get the vision rollin' by starting with your mindset. One-on-one coaching spots are open for the spring, so now is the time to get in my books before I fill up for the season.
Music for The Kelly Trach Show is by Ikson: soundcloud.com/ikson
Support for this episode comes from:
Teachable. Teachable is my absolute favorite online course creation platform and it is where I host Your Best Life, my best-selling digital course. Sign up here to get 3 free courses on how to make your first online class (a $1000 value that you get for free 'cause you're rollin' with me).