"It's really about taking care of yourself so that you can show up fully for yourself and others."
In this episode we talk about stress, burnout, and how to be compassionate with ourselves when we are feeling out of alignment. This episode is real and fresh. It's chalked full of implementable, simple tips in a real and honest way - which is true to the Nutrition Stripped style.
McKel also shares what it's like when our body sends us intuitive hits, what these messages look like for her, and how you can develop this mind-body awareness too. So, when you feel like something is "off" tap in and see if your body is sending you this kind of message.
Plus, she dishes the deets about her morning routine and how you can borrow her favorite wellness tips for free. (One of my favorite things she shares is that love is a form of wellness). This episode is packed with great nuggets on wellness #IRL so that you can live whole, eat well, and feel amazing.
McKel Hill, MS, RDN LDN is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Coach, and Founder of Nutrition Stripped. As a leading nutritionist, Nutrition Stripped is the platform for inspiring a global community of millions to pursue a life of balance in wellness. With nourishing recipes like her famous Turmeric Milk, online courses and wellness programs, the best-selling Avocado Love t-shirts, and cookbook. Nutrition Stripped's mission is to help you Live Whole, Eat Well, and Feel Amazing.
McKel works with clients to improve their health by integrating her vast scientific knowledge of nutrition with a balanced lifestyle approach - a powerful recipe for creating habits to live well. She provides services ranging from 1-1 customized nutrition coaching, speaking engagements, workshops on optimizing your health, and consults privately for corporate wellness.
McKel's nutrition expertise has been featured in national and international publications such as Glamour, Vogue, Dr. Oz The Good Life, SELF, Oprah, Shape and much more. She is the author of The Nutrition Stripped Cookbook published by William Morrow, HarperCollins 2016.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- About McKel's a-ha moment of "oh this is what good feels like!" (+ How she got started doing this work and used herself as a human guinea pig).
- How to come back from burnout and what it feels like when you hit that wall.
- That rest is so essential. (McKel's word for 2018 is chill - I love that!)
- How McKel has developed her mind-body awareness to become more intuitive and how you can tap into yours as well for deeper understanding.
- That a morning routine is absolutely essential to fuel up and combat stress.
- How to create a list of triggers and stressors and reflect on when you felt out of alignment to create rituals to bounce back when stress happens.
- To remember that life goes though seasons and that it's okay to be open and vulnerable about it, especially when life gets really full and we feel overwhelmed.
- McKel's intentional approach to social media. (+ How to go through your feed and evaluate who truly inspires or educates you and which accounts are just entering your mind and leaving you feel flat).
- About being versus doing. (And that it's okay to just "be" and not always "do").
- All about McKel's favorite wellness tips that you can borrow - like sleep, love, mediation, walking, journaling, and creative expressions.
Music for The Kelly Trach Show is by Ikson: soundcloud.com/ikson