It's a mindset shift away from the old paradigm of hustle & hard work.
Although counter-intuitive, rest is productive. We all fundamentally understand that rest is important, but the HOW part is vague. Many of us are relying on a belief system that says: "hustle is golden ticket" and taking a rest break is going to slow us down. This episode unpacks this notion and gives you strategies to slow down.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- 6 strategies you can use to practice intentional rest. (Key note: I use the word "practice" on purpose because this really is a practice).
- That taking a break doesn't slow you down; it enables you to speed up.
- The concept of the donkey and the carrot and how you can learn to enjoy the carrot now.
- How intentional rest is about taking time to do the things that make you feel more alive.
- How to be generous with yourself and give yourself the gift of time.
- How sometimes we get it backwards in North America and what to do when the method of endless hard work and pursuit feels all wrong. (+ What we can learn from our European friends).
- Plus, my takeaways from my Mediterranean holiday!