If you’re hiding your passion from the world, out yourself right now.
While we may not admit it, a lot of us worry that everybody else is peeking over our shoulders and keeping tabs on our life choices. These fears really rear their heads when we want to strike out on our own path and do something different from the rest of the crowd. In reality, this “everybody” is just our innermost critic putting our own fears and doubts into the mouths of people we haven’t actually talked to in years.
So for this solo episode, I’m laying bare my own past struggles with what “everybody” thinks and have a whole list of steps for getting your inner critic to shut up and work for you. On top of that, I shine a spotlight this week’s podcast review courtesy of Jenna!
In this episode, you'll learn:
- My own anxieties striking out on my own path after business school.
- How social media tricks you into thinking people are judging.
- Why you shouldn't assume everybody else knows what you're up to.
- Defining the abstract "Everybody" in your head.
- Whose opinions truly matter to you?
- Becoming your own best judge.
- Digging through the drama that's keeping us from achieving our dreams.
- Getting your inner critic to dish out more constructive advice.
- How to turn your desire for validation inward.
- Reaching out to the people who can help put your dreams into action.
- Why you should get the word out about your passion project.
- Click here to take the 2-question survey and snag $50 off your next course!
- The giveaway (enter here to win both Your Best Life and Your Conscious Empire!)
Music for The Kelly Trach Show is by Ikson: soundcloud.com/ikson
Support for this episode comes from:
Podigy. Podigy is the company the edits and produces The Kelly Trach Show and I am forever grateful for them. If you are ready to take your podcast to the next level, get professional editing and finally delegate it out, then Podigy is your jam. I adore working with them because they are super on the ball and make this show sound like the 5-star podcast that it is. When you sign up with Podigy, mention “The Kelly Trach Show” to get 50% off your first month of editing - that’s up to $325 off!