These three words illustrate where you're keeping yourself stuck.
"But," "yeah but," and "I can't" are three phrases that require you to check in and critically think about the stories you are handcrafting for yourself.
Often, we feel justified and rationalized in our "but" statements and we love dwelling in these narratives, repeating them, and acting as if these reasons are truly standing in our way. Nine out of ten times, you are the only person standing in your way and if you want to free yourself and get unstuck, I'll teach you how to take ownership for your thoughts.
It's so liberating when you take personal responsibility for your own life and thought patterns. So today, I'll be teaching you how to get unstuck and free yourself in today's episode and I'll be deep diving into this in Your Best Life.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- That "but," "I can't," and "yeah but" are three major indicating phrases that point you to where you are personally holding yourself back.
- That we often justify, rationalize, and craft really good excuses as to why we "can't" do things. (+ How this is a really good place to check-in and ask yourself if there is an underlying false narrative and story at play).
- The difference between "I can't" and "I won't" and how those two wording differences have an immense impact on your conversations. (+ How important it is to use supporting language that gives power to what you are thinking versus disempowering language).
- That you might use words like "but," "I can't," and "yeah but" in very basic everyday scenarios and if so, where else might they be lurking in the larger areas of your life? (+ You'll hear about my example with the bus and how I was caught in a "but" statement for years).
- About common areas where I hear these three words in my coaching practice and how to check-in and see if you are deploying these phrases in your life too.
Welcome to Your Best Life:
Your Best Life: an 8-week online, live, training program where I guide you step-by-step on how to craft a life you love by starting with your mindset first and redefining your relationship with yourself. This course is all about doing the inner work so you can show up fully expressed as who you really are.
Your Best Life (+ Save $300 off the master class and $50 off the evergreen class)
Support for this episode comes from:
The Endo Toolkit by Jessica Murnane: a five-week online program to create tools to help manage endometriosis pain and symptoms. There is no cure for endo, but this program wants to help those living with this chronic condition develop a powerful set of tools to help manage it.
- Been on 100 message boards searching for ways to manage your pain?
- Read all about the "endo diet" but still don't understand what to eat?
- Felt like punching the next person that says, "it's just a period."
If you sign up with my link, I'm also gifting you my entire e-book and e-course bundle package for free because I want you to truly have every strategy when it comes to managing your chronic illness. So email your receipt to kelly (at) kellytrach.com for your bonus goodies!