"Life works in our favor so often."
Today on the podcast, I'm so excited to share Angela Simson with you. I've been following her work for, like, ever. Ange keeps it real and she always leads with her truth which I so adore.
In this conversation, we talk about gratitude, how to use it when shit really hits the fan, and the importance of truly acknowledging your feelings instead of treating gratitude like a band-aid. Ange also shares how to access deep-rooted gratitude and appreciation, not just airy-fairy quickies where you feel like you're pulling stuff out of thin air.
We also chat about clearing your stories for good. Doing this inner work is the foundation for living your best life and Ange deep dives on how to call out those nasty fear-based stories that our inner critic just loves.
Lastly, we touch on nourishing deep relationships and how we rise by lifting others. Ange explains how important it is to express vulnerability to let people in, to stop placing expectations on others, and to verbalizing your needs.
This episode will just zip by for you and if you need an uplifting mood booster, definitely tune in. Ange is hilarious and it's such a juicy conversation! So, come hang out with us for the hour and enjoy!
Angela Simson is a female health and happiness coach, writer and speaker. She is the creator of The Gratitude Project blog which inspires thousands of women to step into their light and live their best life. Angela is also the mind behind 30 Days Of Self Care and The Gratitude Transformation and has added cacao-filled joy into many kitchens with her recipe book Treat Your Tastebuds. Through her time as an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Angela has coached dozens of women personally through her private coaching practice and hundreds more with her online program.
Angela is one hundred percent committed to giving women the tools to completely change their lives through small acts of gratitude, tweaks in nourishing their bodies and the power to create what they desire in their relationships, career and personal lives.
Gratitude turns what we have into enough, sometimes we just need to clear the fog to see the magic right in front of us.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- That the magic of gratitude comes when you find it in a way that encourages growth - not just appreciation for the moments that feel like sparkles and rainbows.
- How to see the gratitude in both the good and the bad.
- How to find heart-felt gratitude that's deep and true to your soul. And as Ange shares, "it's true gratitude when you are brought to tears."
- Why it's so important to feel your feelings of anger, frustration, and anxiety, not just slap on gratitude and ignore it. Ange explains that "our body needs to release emotions before we go into gratitude or appreciation."
- If you radiate what you are seeking, Law of Attraction can find you easier.
- How to let yourself feel more emotions, no matter what your ego says.
- How to clear your stories by looking at past examples when you did have abundance in your own life.
- How Ange makes lists on her phone that reminds her of all the strategies which enable her to shift in the moment. (I love this idea!)
- That sometimes we get a little self-indulgent with what our "hard" is and it's so worth feeling it and then putting it in perspective.
- What Ange had to unlearn about female relationship. (+ Her journey from attending an all-girls school to leading The Gratitude Gang with Kate Caddle and coaching heart-centered women).
- How to stop putting expectations on yourself and others.