Who doesn’t love to trek the globe?
The best gluten-free restaurants, hidden gems, and tucked away hole-in-the-walls are listed right here! AMEN!
I’m basically one of those people who plans their vacation entirely around food, so here’s a roundup of my fav picks.
- Wild and the Moon. Plant-based, gluten free, vegan. Plus they have an organic juice bar. It's hip and amazing.
- Chambelland. I cried tears of joy eating here at this boulangerie. The bread is life changing. Not even making that sh*t up.
- Cafe Coutume. Great gluten free tortes and brownies made of almond flour. Well accompanied by excellent and strong, french coffee.
- Hank Burger. Gluten free buns and vegan patties. Hello, yummy!
- Voglia Di Pizza. YOU HAVE TO EAT HERE. Best pizza I’ve ever had in my life. It is a hole-in-the-wall, but the pizza crust is unreal.
- Ciro & Sons Pizzeria. Our Airbnb was literally across it. Needless to say, I ate here almost on the daily.
Prague, Czech Republic:
- Maitrea. Vegetarian cuisine with eastern influences. Ate here three times in one weekend.
- Naturbageriet. Ask for the “gluten frit” things!
- Torvehallerne Market - There are lots of places here to eat! Also, very beautiful. Lots of local, organic foods and small vendors. I could spend hours here!
- Andersen Bakery. They have gluten free cannolis! When was the last time you had one of those? To die for.
- Pana Chocolate. Vegan cheesecake and chocolate!
- Earth to Table. Raw vegan noms. Man oh man, are their cakes pretty!
- M Deli. It's in Tamarama, near Bondi. Loads of gluten-free muffins, pancakes, and perfect for a good brunch brekkie. Plus, they have almond and coconut milk for coffee too.
San Francisco, California:
- Mariposa. The best cinnamon buns. Ever. You have to get them before they are all gone around 11am.
- DOSA. The best south Indian food I’ve ever had in my life. Their Filmore location has an entirely gluten-free section in their kitchen.
- Nourish Cafe. Amazing buddha bowls and sweet treats. Perfect for brunch!
- Bread SRSLY. Gluten free, vegan sourdough bread. Yummo.
- Gracias Madre. Vegan & vegetarian Mexican food with communal tables and cool people.
- The Plant Organic Cafe. Organic, vegan, tons of gluten free choices. A good staple.
Los Angeles, California:
- True Foods Kitchen. Run by Dr. Andrew Weil. Plant-based & anti-inflammatory foods. Delish. Sometimes eat there twice in one day.
- Cafe Gratitude. Lots of plant-based noms.
- Kitchen Mouse. Great for brunch! All things gluten-free and vegan.
- Groundwork Coffee. Such a lovely patio and delish coffee.
- The Butcher's Daughter. It is all plant-based, despite the name! The Abbot Kinney location is BEYOND adorable. Get your instagram ready people.
Santa Barbara, California:
- Mesa Verde. Organic, plant-based amazing-ness. Scrumptiously prepared and leaves you feeling very full.
- UCSB Isla Vista food co-op. Local, organic grub. And super cheap eats!
- Woodstock’s Pizza. They have gluten free crusts, dairy free cheese and you can build it yourself.
- The Kailua Whole Food Market. Oahu doesn’t have a ton for folks like me, so I usually stock up here and make food at home.
- Also, fresh papayas count as a legit snack that should be consumed twice a day in my opinion. So darn good!
Vancouver, British Columbia:
- Vij’s. Indian.They don’t take reservations. Rumor has it that Bill Clinton even had to wait in line.
- Rangoli. Indian. This is my top pick for restaurants in Vancouver. It's the twin sister to Vij’s and also less expensive and less wait time.
- Banana Leaf. Malaysian fare. The assam curry is my fav and bursting with tamarind and bold flavors.
- La Taqueria. Vegan tacos! Delish toppings too.
- Fable Kitchen. Local, farm to table meals. The menu changes with the season and their service is great!
- Tractor. On the go quinoas, soups, and sandwiches. Everything is well labeled, so you don’t have to ask a million questions - which is much appreciated!
- The Green Moustache. 100% vegan, gluten-free, and raw food. A solid two thumbs up.
Heya! You might also dig this post:
Grab that passport and get going! Delish noms await!