So, this sweet citrus salad is the BOMB.
Fo real. Also, it is super simple to make and does an excellent job of wowing the crowd.
Plus, it's a great salad in the winter too. It reminds me of the summer (and to be honest, I'm a total suck for palm trees and warm weather). And, up here in Canada, it can get pretty cold, so this salad is a go-to favorite for me.
Whenever I make it, my guests always eat the whole bowl! There are never any leftovers at the end of the night. It is super lemony and it has the right balance of sweet and savory. If you're anything like me, you'll get hooked on this salad and crave it when 5 o'clock starts rollin' around.
And, I just love the vibrant colors in this dish! Finally, let's make this! Yumminess awaits!
Sweet Citrus Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Salad & Garnishes:
- 1/2 a large grapefruit (cubed if you’d life)
- 1 navel orange (cubed if you’d life)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup of toasted walnuts
- 4 cups of packed spinach
- 5 teaspoons OJ concentrate juice (yes, right out of the frozen container)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (if you have lemon oil – use it!)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- The zest from 1 whole lemon
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of stevia
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toast the walnuts at 350 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes. Do it until they are light brown!
- Crack open the pomegranate & take out the seeds.
- Cut up all the citrus lengthwise (so you can see their radial pattern inside).
- Remove all the rinds.
- Cube the citrus if you’d like.
- Put all the walnuts, pomegranate seeds, spinach, and walnuts into a serving bowl.
- Add all the ingredients together under “dressing” in a bowl and stir it up.
- Yep, that's all!
Need more plant-based recipes?
All the love,