Fiber doesn’t always get the credit it deserves.
But, you can change that up with this AMAZING gluten-free and vegan loaf.
Mung bean banana bread might sound a little funny, especially if you never bake with beans. Trust me, that will ALL CHANGE after you eat this loaf and give legumes a shot.
Usually, when people say you need more fiber in your diet, it usually begs for an eye roll. Also, we all dread consuming unappealing things like canned beans, prunes, and orange flavored powders that mix in your drinks.
But, what if fiber was delicious?
Then, you could give your gut and your taste buds a double thumbs up.
Welcome, to the mighty mung bean.
Yes, you read that right: mung bean banana bread.
Mung beans have a subtle nutty taste and are best when used a flour. So, this recipe is an easy way to do a good deed for your flora. Plus, it is gluten-free, vegan, and loaded with a sh*t ton of fiber in the most delicious way possible.
Lastly, I dare you to make this for your friends and let them guess your secret ingredient. Enjoy this yummy gluten free and vegan loaf!
Mung Bean Gluten Free & Vegan Banana Bread
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Everything you need for a world-rocking loaf:
- 1 cup of mung beans
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of chia
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons of chia in 6 tablespoons of water until it gels
- 3 tablespoons of stevia
- First, cook mung beans. Add all the beans and water in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Then, turn down to low heat and let the beans soak up the water.
- When cooked, drain the liquid out.
- Next, put all of the beans into the blender.
- Add all the coconut oil, both bananas, 1 tablespoon of chia, all the stevia, and 1 cup of walnuts into the blender.
- Then, add a splash of water into the blender if it gets too dry, manually stir it a bit. Then re-blend.
- Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Scoop batter into an 11x7 inch pan.
- Fold in the gelled chia, 1 cup of walnuts, ½ cup shredded coconut.
- Lastly, bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 mins.
Also, feel free to add some wildflowers on the top. They always look really pretty.
Looking for more plant-based & gluten-free goodness?
All the love,