If your tummy troubles get triggered & you feel like a poop emoji, then I can relate.
Sniffing some good ‘ol essential oils can help you take the edge off in literally no time.
Spritz, spritz, done.
Oils you can use to destress ASAP:
- Take a deep breath in and inhale the lavender. Then, take a deep breath out.
- It's very calming and hella easy.
- Sniff the bottle directly, add a few drops to your bath, diffuse it when you devote some time for self-care or put a few drops on your mat if you’re doing a little yoga.
- I roll it on at night to de-stress and chill out.
- This helps me shift my energy before bed. Also, do some gratitude journalling.
- Bring on the good vibes!
- Chronic headaches and brain fog were two of my biggest symptoms of my celiac disease. I still struggle with them almost every day, but peppermint oil alleviates my headaches.
- Roll some peppermint oil on your temples and the back of your neck. Then, wait for the tingling sensation to kick in. Oh yes. It's magic.
- This Peppermint Halo Roller by Saje works wonders.
- When I get a whiff of this stuff, it instantly puts me in a good mood.
- If I’m feeling sh*tty after reacting to a meal I ate, I’ll spritz some lemon oil in distilled water around my face.
- It helps me take my mind off the discomfort.
How to chill out anytime & anywhere:
- Keep a tiny bottle of your favorite oil on you. I toss a mini roller into my backpack because you never know when stress strikes & you gotta calm down.
- If you are having an uncomfortable conversation, excuse yourself to the restroom and use your oils and take a few deep breaths.
- If there is no line for the wheelchair restroom, I’ll go in there and just physically shake off the bad energy in a space where I’m alone. Then, I sniff my oils or put a few drops on me.
Where you can find these mini miracle workers:
- Whole Foods Market. Their Whole Body 365 brand and Aura Cacia are both great and inexpensive. Gotta keep those extra bills in the wallet, people!
- Thrive Market. (For my US readers).
- Saje. (For my Canadian & US readers). Lots of pre-mixed rollers and sprays too if you don’t have time to make DIYs.
- P.S. If you are sensitive to foods, fake fragrances, and chemicals (like me) this is super important. You don’t need more toxic crap in your body. Look for organic and 100% naturally derived oils from plants - never made in a lab.
Need more tips on stress management? There's a really big chapter on this waiting for you in my book.
Peace, love, and bring on those chill, zen, vibes!